Episode 52: Web Performance - Katie Hempenius
Katie Hempenius talks with Ward and John about web performance, lazy loading, code splitting, tti, and the difference between latency and bandwidth.
Recording date: 2019-08-20
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Katie Hempenius @KatieHempenius
- 02:24 Guest introduction
- 07:01 What is web performance at Google?
- 10:37 Sponsor: ag-Grid
- 12:00 What's so important about lazy loading and code splitting?
- 19:59 Does script order matter?
- 20:58 What are the things most of us do wrong?
- 31:58 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 33:02 What is TTI and why should we care?
- 36:07 Do service workers change the equation?
- 40:17 Latency vs bandwidth?
- 44:41 Final tips