Episode 88: Refactoring To React Hooks With Gustavo Miranda
Gustavo Miranda joins Craig and Ward to talk about React hooks and why they are important. Also discussed are how hooks tie into moments in React, what Atomic Design is, how Gustavo changed his thinking about React with hooks, what the learning curve was like, how he used hooks to manage state, and suggestions for people new to hooks.
Recording date: 2020-04-28
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Gustavo Miranda LinkedIn
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- 01:58 Guest introduction
- 03:05 What are React hooks and why are they important?
- 10:16 Sponsor: Ag-Grid
- 11:21 How do Hooks tie into moments in React?
- 12:43 What kind of application did you switch to use Hooks?
- 14:21 What is Atomic Design?
- 18:52 Did you have to change the way you think about React?
- 21:41 What was the learning curve like?
- 27:21 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 28:02 How do you use Hooks to manage state?
- 34:22 How do folks new to Hooks get started?
- 38:02 Final thoughts