Episode 65: Art and Code with Ali Spittel from 6B
Ali Spittel is on to talk about her experiences working with frameworks, how she teaches coding, what kinds of people are learning to code, and next steps in her career as an educator and developer.
Recording date: 2019-11-26
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Ali Spittel @ASpittel
- 02:34 Guest introduction
- 06:06 Experience with frameworks
- 08:34 How do you teach?
- 10:52 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 11:54 Who are the students you're workign with?
- 17:39 Variety of paths to learning to code
- 25:06 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 26:14 How do you present something to students?
- 28:02 What stuck out to you about frameworks?
- 39:06 Where does teaching fit into your career?
- 40:15 The intersection of art and code
- 44:03 Final thoughts