Episode 15: Did You Just Screw Up the UI? with Ryan Burgess of Netflix
Ryan Burgess from Netflix talks with us about how to do better A/B testing so we don't screw up the UI - whether you've got Netflix sized data or doing smaller client work, A/B testing can help give you the data you need to make better decisions.
Recording date: 2018-11-29
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Someone to follow:
- 00:56 Mailbag question
- 06:34 Guest introduction
- 08:32 Have you screwed up the UI?
- 09:55 How do we A/B test UI changes well?
- 13:14 How do you decide who to test?
- 15:38 Defining light and dark vs a/b
- 20:45 Sponsor: Progress
- 21:21 Does Netflix A/B test during a show?
- 23:23 How big should a feature be to A/B test?
- 27:38 Are there seperate SPAs for signups, members, and streaming?
- 29:34 How do you make A/B testing actionable?
- 33:11 What tools do you recommend for A/B testing?
- 35:00 Sponsor:
- 36:05 How do I get the right metric?
- 37:55 UI Don't's
- 39:18 Someone to follow