Episode 20: npm Tooling with Kat Marchan
Kat Marchan of the npm team joins us to talk about npm tooling, including npx, Tink, and more.
Recording date: 2019-01-17
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Kat Marchán @MaybeKatz
Someone to follow
- 02:16 Guest introduction
- 04:01 What is NPX?
- 07:18 Do you have favorite things you run with NPX?
- 08:47 How did you go from concept to NPX?
- 10:47 What is Tink?
- 13:29 Sponsor: Native Script
- 14:03 Unexploding Ward's brain about Tink
- 17:40 Making solutions to problems people already have
- 19:20 How do you go from conception to realization?
- 21:25 The importance of UX for CLI
- 25:22 Is the a discoverability issue?
- 29:54 What kind of team do you work with?
- 30:51 Sponsor: DevIntersection
- 31:38 Where did the name Tink come from?
- 32:57 What is NPM CI?
- 37:35 How do companies get their own npm server?
- 43:47 Someone to follow