Episode 33: Adopting New Tech with Natalie Qabazard
Natalie Qabazard chat swith Ward and Dan about introducing people to Typescript, how it can help with refactoring, and what it's like to work at Slack.
Recording date: 2019-04-18
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Natalie Qabazard @Natqab
Someone to follow
- 01:25 Guest introduction
- 05:40 Topic introduction
- 12:30 What's the second step when introducing people to new tech?
- 15:04 Did they have good unit tests before?
- 26:23 Are you compelled to fix bad code?
- 28:48 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 29:54 How can Typescript help with refactoring?
- 33:28 What do people use for an editor at Slack?
- 37:12 Are there specific APIs within Slack?
- 40:02 How easy is GraphQL to use?
- 44:08 Sponsor: DevIntersection
- 45:00 What drew you to working at Slack?
- 48:18 Someone to follow