Episode 25: Native vs Web Mobile with Ryan Burgess
We've got Ryan Burgess back to talk with us about Netflix's use of native vs web on mobile.
Recording date: 2019-02-19
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Ryan Burgess @burgessdryan
Someone to follow
- 00:39 Guest Introduction
- 02:58 GIF vs GIF
- 04:45 Native vs web vs hybird etc
- 08:09 We we fetishize performance?
- 09:01 Difference between bandwidth and device capabilities
- 10:35 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 11:35 What are the untalked about aspect sof mobile development?
- 20:14 Enterprise apps with control vs having no control over the user
- 28:37 When would you go with something in between?
- 31:02 Were you able to solve the gesture problem?
- 34:26 What's the update experience like?
- 39:01 Sponsor: DevIntersection
- 39:49 What does Netflix use for mobile app dev?
- 41:44 Someone to follow