Episode 14: Productive Code Reviews with Chris Fritz
Educator & engineer Chris Fritz is on to discuss code reviews and how to help keep everyone in the loop on projects that grow.
Recording date: 2018-11-29
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Chris Fritz @ChrisvFritz
Someone to follow:
- 1:00 Introduction of Chris & mailbag question on how to do code review
- 9:00 Code reviews with employees vs outside contractors/consultants
- 15:00 How do you adjust your communication for different people?
- 17:00 Sponsor: Nativescript
- 18:00 Styleguide for review
- 24:20 Having a process with automation to catch things.
- 26:50 What about comments in code?
- 32:40 Questions to ask during code reviews.
- 33:45 Sponsor: Ideablade
- 35:05 How do internal docs help?
- 39:00 VS Code snippets
- 41:50 Running too fast while trying to solve problems creates more problems.
- 46:00 Someone to follow