Episode 26: Firebase with Katerina Skroumpelou
Katerina Skroumpelou is our guest and we're talking about Google Firebase. What is Firebase? Why did Katerina decide to use it initially? What problems does Firebase solve? And more!
Recording date: 2019-03-05
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Katerina Skroumpelou @Psybercity
- Peacock VS Code extension
- Ionic https://ionicframework.com/
- Angular https://angular.io/
- NoSQL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoSQL
- Firestore https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore/
- Transactions in firebase https://firebase.google.com/docs/reference/android/com/google/firebase/database/Transaction
- Database security https://firebase.google.com/docs/database/security
- Firebase Authentication https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/
- React and firebase https://css-tricks.com/intro-firebase-react/
- Vue firebase https://vuejs.org/v2/examples/firebase.html*
Someone to follow
- 02:13 Guest intro
- 04:06 What is Firebase?
- 08:25 What stood out to you with Firebase?
- 09:49 What kind of database is Firebase?
- 10:37 Firebase vs Firestore
- 14:11 Sponsor: nrwl
- 14:42 Who's hosting the magic?
- 17:48 How aware of transaction boundaries do you need to be?
- 20:39 What problems was Firebase solving?
- 27:11 Sponsor: DevIntersection
- 28:05 Firebase and security API keys
- 34:14 Someone to follow
Sponsored by Nrwl